The world according to me. I am a conservative, middle aged husband and father. These are my opinions on how to make the world a better place. Feel free to post questions or problems and I'll give you my unqualified advice.

Friday, February 18, 2011

Helping Others

MaD dOG Sez:

A couple of things I do, and highly recommend are blood donation, and joining the National Bone Marrow Registry.

Donating blood, in my father's generation, was thought of as a civic duty. If you were able to donate, you were obligated by your sense of community to donate as a way of giving back.

I haven't seen much of this the past few years, save for a workplace blood drive here and there. If you are able to donate blood, please take the time, make an appointment, and share your gift.

The National Bone Marrow Donor Registry is another way to be ready to help someone. My wife and I joined in 1995. We haven't been called upon as a match yet, but I routinely pray that God will allow me this simple honor. It's easy to join. See here for more information and to sign up.

Helping your fellow man is one of the highest calling we can have. Thank you for your support.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home